Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: The L Word

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's the new show on Showtime, done ala Queer As Folk, only about women. Anyone see it last night?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't get that channel, so I'll probably never see it. From what I heard, however, I should be greatful I'll be spared from the badness.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dwim's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 1999
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's not all "badness" shadowcat... I've seen the making of it where they was talking about, seems like another regualr show to, just a little bitty twist on it at least. But it is about one thing that is common in all our lives, gay or straight, relationships.
    I was meaning to watch it last night, but I ended up in Indiana... but it's being on cable and all, I'll watch it and report back what I thought of it.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Watched it over at a friend's (we don't have cable, either). Good show, everyone there enjoyed it. Needs a little improvement, but it is something I'm looking forward to watch weekly.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Chaos Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2001
    Posts
    788
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *waves* Hi Bran, was wondering where you'd disappeared to.

    We're unlikely to get that program here but while you're on the topic of watching stuff and as a fellow Mulholland Drive fan you might like to see this movie Swimming Pool. Swimming Pool

    It's a little bit slow, but the actresses are excellent and without spoiling it too much the twist has left me scratching my head and hanging out on the forum hunting for clues. It's going to be a have to see again on video and make notes this time. But I won't be seeing it 5 times at the movies like Mulholland Dr. that one is in a league of its own. [img]confused.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 1999
    Posts
    1,777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    NPR gave it a good review today. I wish I had Showtime to watch it, but if trends hold true, in a year I can buy it on DVD. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Redlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2002
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *bonks head*

    For half this thread, I thought the "L word" was "liberal."

  8. #8
    Inactive Member dwim's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 1999
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    maybe the L word is Love? Heh, they were joking on the making of when one woman said "What's the L word? Oh that's lesbian..."

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the link, Chaos! I will check that one out.

    One of the commericals for the "L Word" rattled off "L is for love, L is for lies, L is for...". Which is fitting. While the women the show focuses on are either lesbians, bisexual, or just-now-figuring-it-out, what they're going through could be anyone's relationship. Which is what I like about it. A show with gay women that's not focused on women being gay.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dwim's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 1999
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Watched it last night... I liked it... heh, I like what that one woman said while on a bicycle exerciser talking about the fitness instructor "Everytime I get interested in somebody, she's either unavailable or straight..." for me it's either unavailable or gay. It was good and I am looking forward to seeing the next episode...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •